Ovals, ellipticals and compound radius curves require a template
- Templates should be made of heavy construction paper, tar paper or house wrap. Make sure that the template follows the contour of the curve exactly. Any imperfections will be duplicated in the molding.
- The better the template, the better the molding. Although the molding is flexible it cannot be "stretched" to accommodate an incorrect template.
- Indicate which side of the molding faces the edge and whether it is the inside or outside edge of the molding that will follow the line.
- Indicate if there is a reveal (the molding will be set back from the opening - usually about 1/4")
- When measuring for length be sure to measure to the outside edge of the molding and add an additional foot for mitering.
- Attach a picture of the molding from this site. Indicate which end will be up.
- Include your name and contact information.
- If you have already entered the order Online, write the Invoice Number and the Template Name on the template.
- Send the template to: Trimster C/o Flex Trim 117 Cedar Lane Dr. Lexington, NC 27292
- After the template is received we will contact you to review and place the order.
Ovals are shipped with the ends "loose" to allow for adjustment during installation.